Increase the Value of Your Home
In today’s real estate market, you don’t want to take any chances when it comes to selling your home, and everyone here at Window Wizards knows it. Even if you are thinking of selling in the distant future, there are ways to keep your home up-to-date and sell-worthy. Window Wizards and Bankrate.com have put together a list of the top 10 things and projects you can do to add value to your home!
2. Modern bathrooms. People look for master bathrooms that offer a spacious, luxurious escape. Some other features buyers are seeking: separate showers with steam and/or multiple jets, double sink, separate room for the toilet.
3. A well-appointed master suite. Speaking of master bathrooms, you want a suite that will do it justice! A suite needs a spacious bedroom, bathroom and closet.
4. Natural materials. In floor coverings, especially bathrooms or kitchens, look for ceramic tile or wood rather than linoleum, which can tear. In the rest of the house, wood or laminate products are a plus over wall-to-wall, says Gary Eldred, author of “The 106 Common Mistakes Homebuyers Make (and How to Avoid Them).” But if you have carpet, it should be a good product and well maintained so that a person doesn’t have to walk in and think, ‘I’m going to have to spend five grand right off the bat.
5. Curb appeal. First impressions are everything and whether we like it or not, people do judge by the cover. That includes landscaping, exterior materials/paint, and driveway/sidewalk maintenance.
7. Good windows. Insulated windows are always a plus, and well-placed skylights are also a good touch to add value. People really look at how windows are kept up, but more importantly, how they will act in extreme heat and cold, and if they will help the homeowner save money.
8. Landscaping. You don’t have to have a jungle in the middle of the suburbs, but a clean, crisp yard will do.
9. Lots of storage. Nothing beats an oversized garage, some attic space and plenty of closets.
10. Basement. This should be dry, and to add even more value, finished.
These are all projects that will not only add value to your home, but will add entertainment value and comfort! And when it comes to the dirty stuff, let someone else do it! For more information about Window Wizards’ services, check out our Facebook page!